Scaffolding Solutions Receives 2019 ABC-VA Platinum STEP Safety Certification Award Posted on May 20, 2019 in News
The Safety Training Evaluation Process (STEP) is a rigorous, comprehensive safety and benchmarking tool that encourages industry leaders to focus on the safety standards implemented in their company’s daily operations.
Every STEP participant is passionate about safety, and Scaffolding Solutions is no exception. Taking steps towards achieving world-class safety is essential not only because it ensures that safety stays at the forefront of company culture, but that it extends into the community.
Scaffolding Solutions is proud to announce they’ve received a STEP Platinum Level award for their participation in the program.
In order to achieve STEP Platinum, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum Platinum Level 20 Key Components self-score
- Incidence rate of at least 25 percent below the national average
- No fatalities or in-patient hospitalizations within the application year
- No willful or serious OSHA citations within application year or previous two consecutive years
- EMR at or below 0.800 for application year
- Adherence to Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace Pledge
- Site supervisory personnel must complete an OSHA 10-hour construction safety course or equivalent
- Employ designated safety personnel with OSHA 30-hour construction safety course training or equivalent
- Have site-specific safety and health programs in place
- Participate in ongoing safety and health programs
- Employee training in the identification and control of hazards specific to the contractor’s worksite(s) safety requirements
- Submission of both OSHA Form 300 and Form 300A
Commitment To Safety & Excellence
Scaffolding Solutions’ commitment to safety and excellence is visible across a vast range of services. From designing custom scaffolding systems to providing future maintenance, you can count on the expert team for superior service and support.
Learn more about Scaffolding Solutions